Christmas Trees – Guide
The biggest range of trees in locally. Top quality that won't break the bank!
Real Trees – Available from 23rd November
Sustainable sourced, our real Christmas trees are lucious and beautiful quality and the prices are really fantastic
- Nordmann – Premium and Superior
- Norway Spruce – Extra Large Trees available to order
- Potted: Blue Spruce. This year all potted trees are ‘grown in pot’ which means they are healthier and will transplant well.
How Much Do Quality Trees Cost?
Prices start at £15.
All our trees are fantastic quality- selected for their beautiful shape & condition; and none of the trees at Johnsons will break the bank!
Average height (6-8ft) premium ‘Non Drop’ Nordmann cut trees are available between £25-£39
Superior 8ft Nordmann trees our top end cut trees at the amazing price of just £49
Which Tree is for me?
Nordmann – The most popular non-drop tree on the market – Premium cut, Superior cut & pot grown
- Key Feature: Best variety for non-drop
- The Look: Thick, glossy, dark green needles. Beautiful bushy shape.
- Fragrance: No
- Cost: Slightly more expensive than the other varieties, but at Johnsons, still amazing value. With a Nordman it is fair to say, you get what you pay for!
- Other: Great for homes with pets or children
Norway Spruce – The ‘Classic’ Christmas Tree – Cut
- Key Feature: The classic ‘Christmas Tree’ for decades – until recently the best selling variety in Europe.
- The Look: Beautiful bushy shape. Short, thin, dark green needles.
- Fragrance: Rich, coniferous fragrance
- Cost: Fantastic value for money. This variety is great if you are on a budget.
- Other: We can order Norway Spruce in extra Large sizes. Please talk to Garden Centre staff for more details. The needles will drop over time especially in a very warm environment so we suggest you buy this variety mid to late December unless displaying it outside.
Blue Spruce – Pretty, wintery colour – Cut & pot grown
- Key Feature: Good variety for non-drop, and distinctive colour. Our potted Blue Spruce are ‘grown in pot’.
- The Look: Thick, spikey, blue/green needles. Beautiful, natural symmetrical shape.
- Fragrance: Yes
- Cost: Mid range.
- Other: Strong branches great for heavy orniments. Spikey needles so be careful with small children and pets.
Johnsons Top Tips for Keeping Your Christmas Tree Beautiful
- Size – Trees are measured and sold in feet. there is a margin of 6 inches (15cms) either way. When you buy a 6ft tree, it could be up to 6ft 6 or a little smaller than 6 ft. Always account for the stand when measuring – add at least 15cms for this.
- If you find your tree is too tall – use a handsaw and trim from the bottom, removing some lower branches in necessary.
- Keep the tree wrapped when placing it in the stand. It will be much easier to secure it without branches in your face!
- When you have your tree secure and unwrapped, leave it to stand for 12-24 hrs before decorating so all the branches can settle into position.
- Treat it like cut flowers! Using a hand saw, take 2-3 cm’s off the bottom of a cut tree to allow it to take up water better. Keep it well watered.
- Position in a cool place – especially for a Norway Spruce – away from radiators or other heat sources and the tree will stay looking great for longer. Even a Nordmann will lose it’s gloss over time if it is too hot.
- Put lights on first! New style LED lights are the safest, the most ecconomical to run and the best. Available in Warm White, Cool White & various colours, you can buy them in a simple string, or get real bang for your buck by investing in ‘cluster lights’ with large numbers of lights per foot.
A huge range of great quality and great value trees, in all sizes, shapes and styles.
- luxury super realistic ‘superior everlasting’ trees
- fibre optic trees
- white & black trees
- narrow trees for smaller spaces
- budget trees